Sunday, December 31, 2006

xmas


For this xmas, I went home for 4 days. I departed from Gunungsitoli at 1 pm and arrived in Teluk Dalam 15 minutes before 6 pm. On the way, I used to drive fast but just didn’t know I drive slower than ever. I felt a sort of thing that I had to do so. It was kind of superstition that there’s something that I had to do so. Yes, it was right. I supposed to visit my parents directly but I stopped at Fali’s house just couple miles from where I received his text message informing me that his dead had just passed away. Soon after we arrived at his home, it was a sort of emergency action to help them; providing the generators as they didn’t have the electric yet, purchased things for the emergency needs and things like that. I called all the staffs down there and only in minutes we hand in hand to help after it reached 11 and it was time to go home visiting my parents. I kept being there until one day after the funeral because I had to go back to Gunungsitoli for meetings.

Anyway, I’m happy I can visit home, staying for couple nights. I enjoyed there. I also visited my grandma, actually my grandma’s younger sister. She’s okay now, better than when I met her last year. She had good memories of things. Pretty good even. And suddenly it brought back my memories of the past.

I’m also glad that I can still find how people in the village hand in hand to do the community works cleaning the village yard. I, Eka and Willy also spent one day for visiting the site project in Hiliamaeta in which I was very happy for what we’ve done there.




My Grandma is getting better than the last time I visited her after the disaster. She still has good memories of past times. She also keeps talking about the respecting of the parents and the ancestors. We heard a lot stories about that from her. We loved her.





We, LPAM, are very happy that we can serve the people reconstructing their houses after the disaster. The people deserve to get good houses just because actually all the NGOs, UN Agencies and BRR funds and donation are for them.. We work for them...!






One of the houses in Desa Hiliamaeta

---------------------------------------------------------------







No comments: