Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mello..

Mello Feeling..
You know what? It suddenly comes up a feeling that I will miss this program. I will miss everything here; the great friends here, the dynamic of class, the beautiful Hawaii, the time I spend alone and together with friends and all the things I experiences here. I don’t know why but perhaps it’s because the pics sent by Gene when we were on the field trip; me, Jinli, Adriana and Gene. Gene will move to head the other dept too. Hmm,,.. I become mello.. Duh,… And I have been here for almost 3 months. And it means that I still have less than 3 months more. Hmm… I will always remember these..

**************************

Starting the hike




Me, Adriana and Jinli


Plus Gene, The Hike Coordinator, :)






On the way with flower


Berry for free..


On the top of the mountain


Honolulu from here



*********************************


Kenny Endo Performance
Last Sunday, I and Adriana went to Kenny Endo Taiko Ensemble held at Hawaiian Theater Center. Finally, I saw the Kenny Endo performance. When I was organizing a tour of our folk arts group to Bulgaria (it failed, anyway), I discussed much with Bang Irwansyah, the ethnomusicology professor of North Sumatra University. Then I knew about the Kenny Endo from the brochure he brought from here, US (UCLA). I did search about it in internet and found interesting and wish to see that. And yes, last Sunday, Oct 16,.. wow.. it was just great. They had a great performance for the drumming. They are really professional.

It inspired me a lot. And I can’t stop it. Finally, I took the pics and completed the old brochure of the group. I will carry with me in Washington and I have a plan to visit Smithsonian for possibility of the performance. Or at least, I will make a new network with them so that someday, we can have a performance here in US. There was a performance about Nias here in 1994. Yeah, it was almost 11 years ago. Let’s see how things going on with this plan. But it is this performance provoked me. As I also have a plan to build a business and then things come up in my mind. I think these two things can be mixed or at least, it’s not contradictive. I have a plan to build a business on internet based too.. Hmmm… well… Richdad.com giving me this idea.


**************************

No comments: