Sunday, October 16, 2005

ERASMUS MUNDUS

Starbuck Manoa
I like sitting here and do my work. It’s just beautiful. Just because this week we have a lot free time, I spend this weekend more focusing on the works. The classes were not overload this week. Well, here things go. On last Thursday night, we went to Waikiki Beach. Me, Shahin and Kira. It was my first time here to bike after years I think. Well, I remembered when I was Junior High School, that’s the often time I biked but not after that. It was until I was 15 years. It almost 18 years then.. lol. The great thing is we went there by biking and we enjoyed the night of Honolulu. It’s beautiful. Great night.

Kira. It takes time to understand this buddy. But here what I guess. We went there to sell her art works in form of pictures and other staffs such as Calendar she painted in 1998. It’s the pictures she took when she was away in China, Israel and other parts of the world and some pictures are here in United States. For me, it’s interesting to have courage to display your items on the pedestrian and hope there is a transaction there. Let’s talk about the pictures. Some of them are good and some of them are okay. But on top of that, the courage she has to sell that stuff is great. I don’t think that many people here especially we are here wants to do that. Well, many reasons for that. The end of the night activity, no sell at all. Again, I think that’s not the point. But to have the courage.

Money matter. I’m not pretty sure if selling that stuffs has something to do with money. I mean it’s not easy to live here when deals with money. Well, she told me it’s just for fun anyway but there must be other reasons. If that has something to do with money matter and then I think it’s possible. What I found here is that some of American’s buddies have a little bit probs of that. Well, everybody has prob with money.. But, it has certain different extent. The good thing of course is to have problem how to manage your money rather than to have probs how to earn the money. Just like outside there. Problems with money always two sides like the sides of a coin. First problem is how to earn money and the second thing is the problem how to spend money just because there’re too much. The fact is 95% of people deal with the first prob and the rest of 5% deal with second fact; how to spend that much money.

This buddy concerns about environment. Starting from the childhood, she concerned on it. And it was in her 15 or 17 something she painted for environmental education purpose. Until now, she still does her job on the environmental education while she’s studying here. Well that’s the great thing about it.

The pictures for sale





*****************************
Hawai’i is not the paradise at all
Another finding there in which was interesting is when we were there; there are still there the beggars. Not in Jakarta, not in Beijing but here also in Honolulu. I mean beggars are there. I took video on it. People might think that Hawai’i is the paradise but still there people who really need to be helped. I can’t figure out what the bottom line of these facts.


The beggar in front of the store

*****************************

Talking to Terry and Scott
I had a talking with Terry and Scott on the last Wednesday. Terry, well we talked about how I find Hawaii so far and how things goin on here. Of course, I told him the fact that being here is just great man. Lot things to learn; cross-culture experiences, the diversity and the fact of American life. Yeah, it was interesting talking. He explained me about Native Hawaiian and the Residents of Hawaii when I touched that point. To be honest, I told him that I need to search more about it. I mean there must be two side information about Hawaiian. So far, I heard Hawaiian told about themselves in which they are not satisfied with the federal government. Injustice., that’s the point. But how non-native Hawaiian or government people see Hawaiian is still unclear for me.

Coming to Terry’s room is much more like Indonesian rooms. Yeah, his room is full picture and stuffs about Indonesia. We are Indonesian Student here are very lucky to have him here at EWC. Thank you very much Terry. Because of you, I can come here. I am very glad to know him.

Prior to talking to Terry, I met Scott. Here’s the deal. As I said in my email that I want to be out of the main stream to learn things especially I do not want to involve in the spartly things, and the deal is yupper… Yess.,, I don’t need to join any group. I’m free of that. Anyhow, yeah, I think this is a fair deal. I have to make a kind of publication or you can say a kind of info sheet dealing with that. Well, that’s no problem for me.. I like doing that and that’s it. I will do it. I like it. I just don’t want to do what I don’t like.

*****************************
ERASMUS MUNDUS
No many things to do today. I just cleaned my room and it’s cool nowJ. Last night I was in burns for printing. I met Nilu and Eric there. I was with Shahin. Getting back, my mind could not stop; I was passionate about ERASMUS MUNDUS Master for International Humanitarian Aid. I’m doing the preparation now. At least at the end of November, I will send all the requirements. The sooner the better. So far, there is no any problem to complete all the requirements. What I found yesterday is the year of 2006/2007 is the last chances for student from Indonesia. I’m not pretty sure if they will extend that but I have to apply that as soon as possible as the deadline for the year is December 31, 2005.


Actually, my plan is to go for the degree on the year of 2007/2008. But that’s fine. If I should go there earlier than what I plan, that’s just fine. What I plan actually is going home on the end of January and completing the ongoing project, making LPAM as a better NGO, starting my own business or setting up a new NGO. That will take one and half years. By the August 2007, I complete all that matters and on the September in that year, I go for the degree. But that’s it. I mean I’m just flexible on the time as long as I do all that things as a part of my 10 year plans. There might be a change in terms of time, but that’s just okay as long as the things to do lists are still on the track to do that. At least I have prepared the entire scenario whichever comes first. The good thing is the lists to do, the things to achieve are clear. That’s the point I think.


Last night even, there was a kind of temptation to stay here more for another 1 year. And I think I know how to make it. Just getting the internship or working here for Non profit institutions. The information of the opportunity on the hub was a temptation.

*****************************
Negotiation Class
I like the Robertson’s class on the last Friday. It’s about negotiation skill on business matter. I like that case study except that I should prepare myself prior to that class. But I still found it interesting. I think I need more class about this business staffs.

Barkai’s class on the day before Robertson’s class was interesting too. It was about negotiation skill dealing with conflicts. I like that all class. Oh ya, Barkai’s way to teach was great. He used some of fun tools such as caricature and kid’s toy to attract the class and it’s not bored. I learned that methodology of teaching. I like it.

*****************************
Ready for DC.. and exploring NY…:)























No comments: