Wednesday, October 12, 2005

From Starbuck to hopefully Europe


Love sitting here and having coffee..

Starbuck Manoa
6:30. Finally I reached this place. A little bit adventure walking around Manoa. I got up 4:15 p.m. today and checked some emails; replying and trying to catch starbucks at campus center but closed. Then I went down to university stop. But I just wanted to have coffee then I walked up to Manoa starbucks. But that’s there it went. Suddenly I met Fauzi and Rahman from Aceh. I followed them. After miles, I found them want to go for praying after fasting. I joined them until they reached the place. I supposed to join them for praying and having meal for fasting breaking but I’m just reluctant to do that. It’s not the right time to do that I think. Moreover, there’s unfinished matter of getting coffee. Then, I went down finding Manoa. Finally I reached this place. Yeah, hmm.., finally after hours walking. It’s great. I like this coffee here.

Well, now on there is no excuse about time anymore. The staffs canceled some classes and we have a lot time. Starting on last Friday until today. We have 4 and half days free time. No excuse for not having much time now. Yeah… being busy is always the easy way to get excuses to do not much here. I got the much time now and yup I spent a lot my time during these days in burns for completing my 10 years plan. And finally I’ve done of it. Yes, I sent my plan this morning to hub. It’s glad.

There’s one email from Terry. I think this man is just great. As a director of education program here I think he must be busier than me. But that’s it; he arranges time to have a lunch with me. He sent me the email and I suppose to meet him at 1 p.m. tomorrow after class. I really appreciate his personal approach. That’s the way he maintains the good relationship. I have to learn this; personal approach. I’m not pretty sure what’s the talking about tomorrow but the slightest ideas I got is just talking about how far things goin on here with me. That’s great man.. I really appreciate it Pak Terry… The way he wrote the email is great too. He called me Pak Duman :D in which for me that’s too much. But that’s the way Indonesian way to respect someone. He really understands Indonesian culture. He used to work there for years. We Indonesian here are lucky to have him at EWC. That’s why I like him though I think I do not deserve the call “Pak”. It’s too much for me. He always smiles to everybody and is humble. Thanks Pak Terry to know you. And yes, because of you that I can come here to join this valuable experiences in my life.

*************************
Scholarship Searching
Yesterday, I did search on scholarship and I found there’s an interesting scholarship information in Europe funded by EU. Master degree for International Humanitarian Aid. It’s multilingual, inter-displinary, and inter-university. I found this interesting just because first this is what I want dealing with this subject. Actually, I found others such as Non Profit Management at Webster University in Den Haag (or Amsterdam?) but I’m not pretty sure about the quality of this university. I am interested in subject related with NGO management, Sustainable Development in which are varied field too. Secondly, the teaching method moves from one campus to another campus in different countries in Europe that gives wide opportunity to know Europe better. Wow.. That’s cool man. I like this. I need to have deep search on this and hopefully apply as soon as possible. If this is clear then another step is to apply it. I have to know details about this program. I am passionate at this. I think I have good basics for this. First, I worked for Tsunami Relief Program, then another Earthquake Disaster Relief Program and Rehabilitation, my position as the Director of LPAM giving me benefit, My English is okay (I need to do my TOEFL), having cross-culture experiences here in EWC and things. Besides, I have a good network with some big international organizations such as Christian Aid in England and TdH in Netherlands. So far, we have maintained good cooperation with some UN agencies such as WFP, UNICEF, and UNHCR. That’s good credits for me. Hmm.. I have to make it up..man… Europe is next journey…J I will love it…Do I like United States? Yes, for sure.. And if I have another choice that’s must be Europe man.. I love being there.

*************************

No comments: