Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lahusa, Teluk Dalam and Coordination Meeting


Bawolato IDPs Camp. LPAM-Nias provided four 4 fishing boats for them.
But because their houses are totally damaged, they can't go anywhere
until their houses are built again. Some of the villagers still live here.




SD Hilidohona Unit 1



SD Hilidohona Unit 2


SD Hilidohona Unit 3


Nias West Coast. It was cool. It always reminds me of Hawai'i



SD Orahili Unit 1

SD Orahili Unit 2
That's the tent as classroom before finishing their school.



I’ve just arrived from Lahusa and Teluk Dalam. Well, it’s supposed to come along with Gallaume from UNOPS but somehow he couldn’t join us. He had a meeting with UNICEF talking about their proposal. So, I, Wilson and Bang Manalu went to Lahusa without him. We left office at 8:30. Arriving there, I talked to my field staff and gladly he admitted that there was something wrong in his job and he promised to improve it. Prior to that, I’d cross checked what happened there with the workers. It’s about the worker’s payment. What I saw was Budi, the staff, was honest to tell the truth. That’s a good credit to keep him keep staying on his job. After discussing the progress and the materials they need for the next week’s plan, we headed to Teluk Dalam. Soon I arrived in the school site, Orahili Fau, I briefly checked what’s going on there so far and then left it for Education Coordination Meeting in Teluk Dalam.

Amson from UNICEF was already there when I arrived. The meeting was interesting. There were UNICEF, Save the Children, WFP, Pusaka, PKPA, BRR, Spain Red Cross, PPK and of course LPAM-Nias itself attended by me and two of my staffs. The language in the coordination meeting was Bahasa Indonesia instead of English like yesterdays’ meeting. Most of the INGO sent their Indonesian staffs.

The interesting point was I found that we are the only that has started the reconstruction of the schools and even almost completed. Then, PPK has very good data base of the schools there but still in compilation. UNICEF plans to distribute school kits for all the students in Nias. We are thinking of having cooperation with Save the Children as they only provide mobiler for schools while they don’t have any plan to reconstruct the schools. We are still find any schools to build because for this 2006, we plan to build 5 more schools.

We went back at 10 p.m It’s great day…!
------------------------------

No comments: