Friday, January 27, 2006

Coordination Meetings Started Today

This morning I canceled the visit for Teluk Dalam and Lahusa. I met the Field Officer of UNOPS; Gallaume. He needed the information how we handled the works down there and I explained the details. Little bit surprising him as the details were little bit complicated but that’s the way we handled the works on the ground. We did village meetings very often prior to the reconstruction stage ensuring that all parts were involved and heard their voices. Well, actually, there were “inside information” of the organization he asked but I just let him know. As long as he has intention to work for the people and that’s just fine. And it’s a pleasure to share our experiences as well. He then wants to visit our school project site tomorrow and we agreed to go together tomorrow morning at 8.

Today, I started attending the coordination meetings again. The coordination meeting held at UNORC was interesting. At least we shared information and I saw the possibility to cooperate with others. Just like Yunus from FIRC offered to have a cooperation with watsan and others things especially for fulfilling the non-food need of IDPs. For me that’s a good sign as we plan to build the Hiliganöwö village and we need more other humanitarian agencies there so that the people can be helped as much as possible so that they can build their lives as soon as possible. The meeting offered the possibility of cooperation and information about the other meetings; sectoral meeting. Tomorrow I have to attend education coordination meeting at Teluk Dalam as well after the field visit.

By the way, surprising, I met Axel, the Melteser contact person when we worked for the tsunami in Aceh. But now he works for Help Germany. I met Vougel and Catharina, who supposed to be volunteers for Walhi Sumut when I was there. We contacted each other through emails and never meet before until I met them in the meetings. It’s surprising.

On the way back, I tried BRR hot spot and it worked good. I can access the hub there but I just wonder how come I can’t access the hub by first class with the telkomnet instant access. I don’t know. But I think if I have time tomorrow then I’ll just go to BRR hot spot service.

One of my staff has just returned from the field and report about the providing electric generator program. It’s little bit complicated there as one of our field staff we trusted to bridge us and the villager didn’t work well. Even, his approach was really unsatisfied. Tomorrow after coming back from the field, I need to talk to him.

No comments: