Monday, October 24, 2005

Washington, Sunday, Oct 23, 2005
Second Day


Here I am at the heart of USA


At White House



In the Garden of White House Complex


Chamroen


Me, Vietnam War Memorial


I remembered Forest Gump here


Miyuki


Me and Miyuki


Emilio





Starla (Adriana, Karin and her MOm)






Washington, Sunday, October 23, 2005
Second Day


Today, I was late to wake up. But fortunately, I was not the only. I suddenly grab my key and went down to lobby. In the elevator I found Adriana, Zarina, Tashi, Anne, and Pearl were same with me. And then we went to Alumni Meeting at Tony and Joe Restaurant in George Town. It’s on the river side and it’s awesome. It’s wonderful place to visit. We had gathering and lunch there. I didn’t bring with me camera. So I just depend on the fellow’s and Gene’s camera. I spoke with some Alumni there. Jessie Ross, Stephanie, Black. And the most important is I met Rosida Nababan. After no communication at all since arrival here, I met her finally. She is in Iowa now with her husband. It’s glad to meet her. Some of the Alumni live here in Washington but most of them are from New York and California. The alumni’s meeting is interesting so that we have connection (network) with them.

After the lunch, we went back to hotel. Taking my camcorder and we continued our tour in town. Washington is very interesting. We went to National Cathedral, a huge cathedral then to White House and Memorial Park. The interesting thing I found in memorial park is that it reminded me the Forest Gump movie. It’s clear in my mind in the pond when Forest and her girl friend across the pond and everybody applaud. I watched the Forest Gump in 1994 but still found the place. It’s on the film.
Well, actually, I just wonder why US built this war memorial. In case to avoid the killing of its army in the war, why does it keep creating new war? The died should be enough.

We went back to hotel around 5:45 and then I come here for posting the blogs in Soho. Peter went for an adventure...

********************

No comments: