Saturday, August 20, 2005

Orientation Started

Orientation Days Started
Yesterday, August 9
EWC
Yesterday was interesting. We had gathering in front of Burns Hall, registering for visa things and such. Then, we went to Hawai’ian Study Center for socialization activities. The whole bunch program is called “Orientation”. I met many orientation students. Oh well, I met two Indonesian in the Jefferson Hall; the Acehnese Alfian studying for ADB Program and a man from the Banten; Ubaidillah. In the orientation session, some I still remember their names; Jaylon; a girl from mainland. I knew that she taught English before coming here to EWC. What I know is she is a sort of American Girl. Things are confusing, especially for the beliefs. Then Weiwei, the Chinese girl, The Chinese student male and his English gave me a stomachache, Justin the Canadian male studying Asia and the last one is Mary Landolt, a coordinator for scholarship/award.

There I met couple friends, James, a mainlander I met at the machine food, Jamal; the Pilipino, Ashwin, the Indian next door, though we did not have much talking. Oh yea, I met Sue Yan, the Korean girl, a master degree of international studies in Korea. The next interesting was Tashi, a girl from Bhutan and May from Laos. I talked much with The Japanese girl as well.

We had then meeting at EWC building talking about the Visa process handled by Valeria Wong. She’s great. I mean her English was not like other headache Chinese. She must be born here in this beautiful island. I knew the girl from Yugoslavia as well, Adriana.

After the meeting then we went to Jefferson Hall for briefing about housing and things like that. In the session of financial and credit cards, I was so sleepy and then in the middle of the presentation I went to dorms, got sleep until I realized that I was left for the shopping tour.

I then hanging around ‘n sat on the waiting stone chairs next to the Jefferson hall when I met Budi Agustono and Fadel. It was surprising. Then we went to Jaylani dorms. Jay is from KKSP leading by Taupan Damanik. We had great dinner with nasi and tahu goreng. It was delicious man..

Went back to dorms. Took a sleep until 3 a.m. this morning. Woke up, got cleaning, and now chat with Yuris.

No comments: