Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Already a Week

August 30,
12:40 in the morning
Takes long since the last posting about the China – Japan Relation. For the whole week, I think we are getting better to know each other APLP Fellow. The materials were little by little could be grasped as well. I need to read more anyway. It just took me much time for the preparation this morning’s presentation about Peaceful Conflict Resolution; A Case of Czechoslovakia. I’ll post the presentation materials here. We were 5 to present the materials this morning and I like it except that I didn’t use the power point for the presentation. I thought my time was very short and it would be just efficient if I talked to the audience. And yes, it was right. I enjoyed the presentation. Adriana had a presentation about Confucianism, Sheena talked about East Timor Independence as a turning point of the country, Nilusha talked about Child Protection in Sri Lanka after the tsunami and Charity talked about micro economics. The whole topics were interesting.

I went to library today trying games room and I played pool. It was a good table. The price per hour was 3 bucks. Hmm.. but it was fun. I like the table.

Getting home, trying to figuring out things in my mind and seems like something wrong. I went to attend the very inspiring presentation of S. Coleman about Servant Leadership. I like this. It talked about the leader who serves and the leader who follow the follower before he/she leads them. How to serve. That’s all. It was great. Then there was a video show of Father Damien entitled Simple courage. That’s was a good film how Father Damien dedicated himself for the leoparcy in Molokai in which we are going to visit this Thursday. It was fabulous and it connects to the HIV/AIDS situation at the moment I think the producer, Stephanie Castillo who gave a brief presentation about the video, is on great job doing that. Yeah, I like it. Except that the video is long and more about story telling. I think it would be greater if she just cut the video shorter and makes it in a movie story. Take an example about Soe Hok Gie which was formed in a story. It really likes a movie in. The transcript of Gie was just about the daily diary he wrote when he was an activist. If the simple courage was made in a story board thing it will be more interesting and not get bored.

Then, wow this wonderful thing. I was hungry, really. And then Adriana sitting next to me and I would like to have a dinner. And yeah, she is just more than good, man. And I had dinner with her. She had had dinner anyway and she cooked me noodle with bread and sauce. Hmmm no matter what it was just delicious.. More delicious than the food I ever have cooked by chef. LoL. But it was hmmm great.. yeah… great man.. well.. yeah.. greatttttttttt.. how to say abt it?... it was just great and perfect.

Went to the burns gathering the files from my staffs and printed them out so I can analyze it. This work disturbs me a while too. But that’s fine. That’s the part of my job. I have to do it. That’s the consequence when I am away from home and as the servant for the people we work for. Yeah, that’s it man.
*************************************

No comments: