Monday, December 19, 2011

Snow is not coming to Christmas this year

December. Time passes so soon and then in a blink it will be 2012. God, sometimes I just can't believe how times fly away. I think I keep saying this over and over. And the changes I wish for, most of them do not take place. No piercing, no gaining weight, no much progress and so on. Well, but that's not entirely true though. To be fair, the other half true is that I started to enjoy taking pictures again, there was a time I found facebooking is just wasting time and therefore I turned it off many times, my thesis is on the way and so on..

Indeed some change but others remain so. Oh yeah, another good change, I don't complain about the weather any more. I successfully switched off the negative attitude on the weather. I came to realisation that no matter how hard I complain about it, the weather won't change but remains so. And then I enjoyed the weather most of the time. Oh, but the snow is not coming this Christmas and that's fine :)
 
I sometimes if not very often feel lonely though. Yes, I do. It is not that there are not people to talk with but talking to someone who is on the same board and willing to spend time for hours just talking whatever it is, is not easy here. I have been used to shout my 'wild thinking' if you like from politics to whatever it is freely. But now, there is no much chance to do that. 

I think I cope with that by feeding my brain with some critical movies or readings. Lately, I enjoy watching John Pilger's documentary films. As usual, John has a fascinated story telling ability to explain things and yet shaking if you like. Not only due to its way to connect between 'big' thing and 'every day reality' faced by ordinary people but also the messages he wants to convey which is critical in the sense that it's quite opposite from the mainstream picture. I enjoyed reading New Internationalist as well.

No white Christmas anyway... Global warming?? Hah, that's tough to discuss now..

No comments: