Thursday, June 17, 2010

BP OIL SPILL; Too far from anti-british

I am following the news about the BP oil spill. I noticed this issue for the first time from tweeter and facebook. Then I found according to Guardian if I'm not mistaken, this causes low popularity of Obama especially in UK and US as well. Then, I've been following the criticism toward the inadequate of federal government solving this problem.

Surprisingly, as a freedom of speech nature is, many Americans not only criticize but also express vulgar disagreement and 'the worst words' ever I read in Obama's facebook, tweeter and youtube.

Then, I keep searching what's been going on actually. I also download some podcasts from iTunes about this issue. Not to mention that I download couple of Obama's speech videos.


What I found again is the nature of the freedom of speech as it is. Secondly, there is a frustration toward the huge problem and its impact. Unlike natural disaster, this oil spill keeps on and on perhaps until July or more.


Thirdly, and this is what makes me respect on Obama. I've never seen a president on earth acting like a worker, true worker for his people. Pictures don't lie. I never see Obama stressful until I noticed a picture of him looked so stressful to find the solution of this problem. The point what I want to say is he works. He does the job instead of just sitting in his luxury oval room. He talked to people, he mingled with them, he touched and heard them. And the photos are not merely as photos for publication purposes. I think it is far from that. I don't see that. People mentioned about PR but I don't see that. The pictures taken by the photographer, I believe he understands what's goin on. You can't get those images when you'are not deep involved in things or when you don't have the sense.


The other point I respect on him is his standing position to be with his people against oil industry (the rich behind it) when this company is found wrong. He speaks aloud his position precisely as his position for the healthcare bills against most of the pharmacy industries involved. His standing position for people that what mostly makes me keep respecting on him.


Again, people might have different opinions from varied angle and analysis. And I might be also wrong because I might be not as objective as I could be. But one for sure, I can see a man who is called a president works and stands for his people benefit and interest.


By the way, I read some blogs and news that it seems Obama stir the issue to be like anti-british. Even, there is a writing explaining how this anti-british attitude got in Obama. Imao,.. I can't believe it. The true I believe is how this industry press try to stir the core of problems to be fishy and blur... Man...

I also do understand David Cameron's position. It's not that he does not want to protect BP as a British company but I think, I might be wrong, he understands the complexity and the pressure this company created in American public. And it might be wise to be 'careful' in putting himself in the 'tending to be blur situation'. I think..

Again, this issue is far from anti-british. If that true happens, my respect and perhaps most of people around the world won't respect to Obama.


No comments: