Thursday, February 07, 2008

Jogjakarta for DRR Training

Training

It's been two months I didn't post anything. Sometimes, when I'm 'disturbed' or 'distracted' taking very much thinking and energy, i'm not in mood to write things. Things are better now though. Yes, things are always better and will be always; (i don't know if perhaps it's too bad to be very much optimistic in life). At least i am always optimistic instead of letting things dragging me down. Not easy to rise up once I got down.

Jogja.
Last month, 20 to 24 Jan, I went to Jogja attending a workshop. The meeting was actually a meeting of GOLFRE participants and also DRR Consultation of 2008-2012. It's a distance learning about DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction). Anshu, the facilitator from SEEDS (www.seedsindia.org), was always friendly and full of experiences. I met him when I visited India in 2006. He was a good guy.

I also met the gangs there :) I like to have discussion with them. Meeting old friends (not too old, actually), chit chat much about how unpleasant the world is and how the perfect way it should be and things as usual rising the spirit of being activist if you could say so. Comrade and Comandante air was there!

I also met Anthony there talking about the 'way forward' of the program. It's been stuck for a while. it's alright now. I just feel overload sometimes and the moral obligation (burden) for helping the affected people. No much burden on me now and that's a relief. For almost 3 years of this work, I can breath after all. I will have much time for myself, I do hope so.!

No comments: