Thursday, June 21, 2007

We've A Dream





These days, we are pretty busy for building a foundation for community development. We've a dream to empower the farmer's life through farming. Our main goal is to reduce the import of fruits and vegetable from Sumatra. Instead of importing, we've dream that the farmers in this island can produce their own fruits and vegetable consumed in this island. At the end the economy will run better and they could have income better for sending their kids to schools and to regard that farming is a promising livelihood instead of just as for surviving. At least we expect there is a modern farming in this island. We also think to decrease the dependece from the fertilizer industry. Two of staff were sent to Java learning organic farming.

We have a dream and we started from here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Duman,
I started to check your blog regularly now, and I like it a lot. I´m preparing a little presentation about nias at the moment for a course about reconstruction after desasters in my faculty. I do not know a lot about it. When I was on Nias I was busy with studying the omo hada and traditional carpentry. So I take some information from your blog.
What I´m still looking for are maps where the new housing is registered. Whom can I ask for that? I think after that seminar and after my building experience in Zimbabwe I´m skilled to come back to Nias and do some useful work. Internship at the Museum was interesting, but I always had the feeling I`m not moving a lot...
I miss Nias!
Do you know I met Nova here in munich? It was so cool to see one of you in my hometown...
I just talked to Vincent and to Sylvia on the phone today, and I'm very happy to have a head for Nias again. I was so absorbed in my african design. I still have to work on it, the project is going on, but I´m trying to involve Nias in my studies more and more... it`s all a question of my time.
Let me know how you are, take care and say hello to everybody, esspecially to Bambang, will you?
yours
sylvie

Duman Wau said...

Hey Sylvie,
It's glad to find you there. Yes, I also regularly visit your blog. At least we can trace where you are :D
You said, "What I´m still looking for are maps where the new housing is registered" Are you saying the new traditional houses or regular houses that are going to be reconstucted?

Nove visited you there? Oh man.. beautiful...

You do big things in the same time, ya? I also enjoy that your African School Project. That's fantastic.

We miss you here.. I'll tell Bambang again about this.. We keep talking any news from you. Everybody miss you guys..
D