Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Relaxing for a while


The Beauty of Hawai'i

These whole days are just relaxing doing nothing. I just went to gym couple times and I’m planning to go there often. Then, I had potlatch here again. I don’t really know if they really like it but all the comments said the meal I served was just great. They said they like it. Thanks god then if that’s right. Talking about potlatch, I find the way food sharing here in that way. I’m not pretty sure if this American’s style but it could be. Well, talking about food sharing in every culture, we might find it. I don’t know. In Indonesian context for example, yes we have that kind but not really like here. Food sharing is always a token for a friendship or being family. Well,.. I don’t know.

I think there is a little bit change on my plan. And that’s good. I mean I’m very lucky to have scenario A, B, C and so on. This is what I always talk to Jamal when we have talkings. Well, my previous plan is to pursue my degree in Europe in 2006. I’m preparing it and the only problem is I can’t get my transcript and diploma translated in English in this December meanwhile the deadline is the December 31st. Well, of course, it’s not as planned. I mean the arrival of the documents is beyond my power and that’s it. Then, that means I have to come to the next plan, to the next scenario of B. The scenario B is to send all the application in 2006 and starts the school in 2007 instead of starting in 2006. The advantages of this change is I have more time at least for 1 year more to be in Indonesia to do more things for my organization and for all other plans.

Today, I did not do much. I still have problem of going to bed early here and very often I get up at 2 p.m. Man… I don’t know what happen actually. It’s not longer jet lag. It’s a habit. But yes, I like working at night. I don’t know why but I think this is habit. It’s not good though but still finding best ways how to make things ‘normal’ again.

I tried to go to starbuck but it’s closed. Well, it was 12 midnight already.:D

By the way, Pak Terry sent email regarding the reference letter I ask for him. I hope before he leaves to mainland, I can get the reference letter.



No comments: