Monday, August 22, 2005

Meeting Sessions Again

August 17
Meeting sessions started from UH Policies, safety and security. Baverly McCreary talked about stalking in which I saw it as an advance efforts of state protecting its people life. Though in some aspect I thought it was very complicated. But that was good. Captain Dawson talked about campus security.

Background Presentation for Pear Harbor Visit. Hmm... this was an interesting topics to discuss. Unfortunately I just did not prepare me about this topic. There would be a great disscussion. Well, I appreciate the whole thing for the memorial building and all its efforts to remind us and everybody in the world that whatever way war made hundreds, thousands of people in suffering. The essence of the memorial is again to remind us how war gave bad impact of people life.

But that's it. I mean, if just we see the war in the positive frame of thinking well, there were a lot can be told. The attack of Japanese military to the US navy base in this town Honolulu evoked the solidarity of the nation to hand in hand to fight against Japan Empire. I mean this war in which then as a start of the open world war the second made US as a leading security forces now in the world. Yes, it was sad to see the huge numbers of died due the Japanese military attacking on the Sunday morning December 7.

But don't forget. The boming of Nagasaki and Hiroshima caused the severed of human being in great numbers and impact. If Japan attacked the military base of US, in other side, US army attacked the whole population of the two towns. I mean, thousands and thousands of civilian became victims. This point I didn't see much for exposure.

No comments: